best. scene. ever.
There’s still time to VOTE for Derek in the No Shave November "Who Rocks Facial Hair The Best" poll. The poll closes in a few hours, and Derek is only ahead of SPN’s Castiel by a few votes. Let’s keep him in the lead.
VOTE FOR DEREK, cause he obvious rocks facial hair the best. Let’s be honest.
I want a story where Derek’s muscles do a startled flinch whenever Stiles touches him. And Stiles is like “WTH, why do you always jump like that? You’re a werewolf, for Christ’s sake, so it’s not like you don’t know I’m there.”
And Derek just kind of shrugs it off.
But it KEEPS HAPPENING.
Stiles gets progressively more worried, mind racing with all the dark implications of that flinch. It reminds him of dogs that have been abused, and how they reflexively flinch away when you reach out to pet them.
So finally he can’t take it anymore, and coaxes Derek into a serious conversation about it, expressing his concerns.
And Derek replies, “It’s just that I’m not used to people wanting to touch me. I never expect it.”
Confused, Stiles is all, “What are you talking about? You’re always patting a pack member’s shoulder or placing a comforting hand on their arm! You touch people ALL THE TIME.”
"Well, yes. But no one ever wants to touch ME." Derek will clear his throat and glance away before affecting a strong and composed expression. "Except you."
And then Stiles will blush so hard he’ll worry his cheeks caught fire, but he’ll clench his jaw and reach out his hand and place it squarely on Derek’s chest. “Get used to it,” he’ll say, softer than intended, but with promise and conviction in his eyes.
Derek will raise a hand to place over Stiles’ and reply, just as softly, “It might take a lot of practice. You’ll probably have to touch me a lot more.” His face will be all super serious. “In many different ways.”
It’ll take Stiles a second to realize Derek’s sort of joking, and he’ll snort, gently smacking the back of his free hand against Derek’s shoulder and calling him an ass.
Derek will grin, slow but wide, and reel Stiles in until they’re chest to chest. The kiss won’t be something Stiles expected, and he’ll reflexively flinch. But before Derek can pull away, concerned he misread something somewhere and got it all wrong, Stiles will surge forward and return the kiss.
And eventually Derek stops getting startled whenever Stiles slips his arms around him from behind, and Stiles stops being shocked by every kiss Derek initiates.
- suffered an abusive childhood because of her alcoholic father
- in trinidad and tobago
- who once tried to kill her mother and burn down their house
- worked 15 service jobs before releasing her first mix tape
- didn’t get shit from record companies until her third mix tape
- makes music that constantly challenges long held ideas
- raps about ‘opulence’ because she deserves it and worked for what she had
- was raised by a single mother
- speaks often about how difficult that life was and that his family was often poor
- raps about money and getting rich because he never had any even when he was on degrassi (which apparently they paid him fuck all for) and the money going to his family
- grew up in a stable household
- put her EP on soundcloud at 16
- had record companies fighting to get her because a 16 year old white girl is marketable to them
- disses drake and nicki minaj for rapping about opulence and considers them ‘irrelevant’
oh wow go lorde you’re so great oh wow
Honestly, I don’t even know who is this “lorde”